Terms and Conditions
AMAREL MEDICAL TERMS & CONDITION
General Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Goods and Services
(a) These terms and conditions of sale (these "Terms") are the only terms which govern the sale of the goods ("Goods") and services ("Services") by AMAREL MÉDICAL INC, a Quebec incorporated company ("Seller") to the buyer named on the reverse side of these Terms ("Buyer"). Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, if a written contract signed by both parties is in existence covering the sale of the Goods and Services covered hereby, the terms and conditions of said contract shall prevail to the extent they are inconsistent with these Terms.
(b) The accompanying quotation, confirmation of sale, or invoice (the "Sales Confirmation") and these Terms (collectively, this "Agreement") comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THESE TERMS PREVAIL OVER ANY OF BUYER'S GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE REGARDLESS WHETHER OR WHEN BUYER HAS SUBMITTED ITS PURCHASE ORDER OR SUCH TERMS. FULFILLMENT OF BUYER'S ORDER DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF ANY OF BUYER'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND DOES NOT SERVE TO MODIFY OR AMEND THESE TERMS.
(c) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Agreement, Seller may, from time to time change the Services without the consent of Buyer provided that such changes do not materially affect the nature or scope of the Services, or the fees or any performance dates set forth in the Sales Confirmation.
2. Delivery of Goods and Performance of Services.
(a) The Goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer's purchase order, subject to availability of finished Goods. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss, or damage in transit.
(b) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, Seller shall deliver the Goods to as mutually agreed to by the parties (the "Delivery Point") using Seller's standard methods for packaging and shipping such Goods. Buyer shall immediately take delivery of the Goods. Buyer shall be responsible for all loading costs and provide equipment and labor reasonably suited for receipt of the Goods at the Delivery Point and will unload and release all transportation equipment promptly so Seller incurs no demurrage or other expense.
(c) Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer's purchase order.
(d) If for any reason Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods on the date fixed pursuant to Seller's notice that the Goods have been delivered at the Delivery Point, or if Seller is unable to deliver the Goods at the Delivery Point on such date because Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses or authorizations: (i) risk of loss to the Goods shall pass to Buyer; (ii) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and (iii) Seller, at its option, may store the Goods until Buyer picks them up, whereupon Buyer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
(e) Seller shall use reasonable efforts to meet any performance dates to render the Services specified in the Sales Confirmation, and any such dates shall be estimates only.
(f) With respect to the Services, Buyer shall (i) cooperate with Seller in all matters relating to the Services and provide such access to Buyer's premises, and such office accommodation and other facilities as may reasonably be requested by Seller, for the purposes of performing the Services; (ii) respond promptly to any Seller request to provide direction, information, approvals, authorizations, or decisions that are reasonably necessary for Seller to perform Services in accordance with the requirements of this Agreement; (iii) provide such customer materials or information as Seller may reasonably request and Buyer considers reasonably necessary to carry out the Services in a timely manner and ensure that such customer materials or information are complete and accurate in all material respects; and (iv) obtain and maintain all necessary licenses and consents and comply with all applicable laws in relation to the Services before the date on which the Services are to start.
(a) The quantity of any installment of Goods as recorded by Seller on dispatch from Seller's place of business is conclusive evidence of the quantity received by Buyer on delivery unless Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
(b) Seller shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by Seller's negligence).
(c) Any liability of Seller for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or adjusting the invoice respecting such Goods to reflect the actual quantity delivered.
(d) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 3 are Buyer's exclusive remedies for any non-delivery of Goods.
4. Quantity. Buyer shall not be entitled to object to or reject the Goods or any portion of them by reason of the surplus or shortfall and shall pay for such Goods the price set forth in the Sales Confirmation adjusted pro rata.
5. Shipping Terms. Delivery of the Goods shall be made FOB Seller’s facility.
6. Title and Risk of Loss. Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon shipment of the Goods from Seller’s facility of shipment. As collateral security for the payment of the purchase price of the Goods, Buyer hereby grants to Seller a lien on and security interest in and to all of the right, title, and interest of Buyer in, to and under the Goods, wherever located, and whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired from time to time, and in all accessions thereto and replacements or modifications thereof, as well as all proceeds (including insurance proceeds) of the foregoing. The security interest granted under this provision constitutes a purchase money security interest under the Canadian PPSA Code.
7. Buyer's Acts or Omissions. If Seller's performance of its obligations under this Agreement is prevented or delayed by any act or omission of Buyer or its agents, subcontractors, consultants, or employees, Seller shall not be deemed in breach of its obligations under this Agreement or otherwise liable for any costs, charges, or losses sustained or incurred by Buyer, in each case, to the extent arising directly or indirectly from such prevention or delay.
8. Inspection and Rejection of Goods.
(a) Buyer shall inspect the Goods within sixty (60) days following purchase ("Inspection Period"). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller by contacting Buyer’s AMI representative or email Seller’s customer service department at: firstname.lastname@example.org of Buyer’s intent to return the Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as required by Seller and certifies that the Goods are unmarked and in the original packaging. Notwithstanding the foregoing, shortages or errors in shipments must be reported by Buyer within seven (7) days following the Invoice date to qualify as timely notice hereunder. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Buyer shall not be permitted to return and the following Goods are non-returnable: (i) opened handpieces, small equipment, and custom-ordered equipment; (ii) imprinted items, and/or (iii) items marked non-returnable.
(b) If Buyer timely notifies Seller of its intent to return any Goods and provides a copy of the original invoice and reason for the return, Seller shall credit the Price for such Goods. Buyer shall ship, at its expense and risk of loss, the Goods in its unmarked, original packaging to Seller's facility.
(c) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 8(b) are Buyer's exclusive remedies for any Goods returned. Except as provided under Section 8(b), all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
(a) Buyer shall purchase the Goods and Services from Seller at the price[s] (the "Price[s]") set forth in Seller's published price list in force as of the date that Seller accepts Buyer's purchase order.
(b) Buyer agrees to reimburse Seller for all reasonable travel and out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Seller in connection with the performance of the Services.
(c) All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use, and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties, and charges of any kind imposed by any Governmental Authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller's income, revenues, gross receipts, personal or real property, or other assets. All Prices are exclusive of all insurance or other freight related charges.
10. Payment Terms.
(a) Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller in accordance with the terms of the invoice or as otherwise mutually agreed to by the parties in writing. Buyer shall make all payments hereunder by wire transfer in full or installments in US dollars.
(b) Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods or performance of any Services and stop Goods in transit if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder.
(c) Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller's breach, bankruptcy or otherwise.
11. Limited Warranty.
(a) Seller shall pass through to Buyer any warranty provided by the manufacturer or original distributor of the Goods to Seller (the “Manufacturer’s Warranty”) to the extent that the Manufacturer’s Warranty is assignable to Buyer. For equipment sales, Seller warrants to Buyer that for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of delivery of the Goods ("Warranty Period"), Seller shall provide only free labor to repair or replace any Goods covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty.
(b) EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 11(A), SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
(c) SELLER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
12. Limitation of Liability.
(a) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT OR LOSS OF DATA OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SELLER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS AND SERVICES SOLD HEREUNDER.,
(C) BUYER SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS SELLER AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS AND PERMITTED ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, "INDEMNIFIED PARTY") AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, DEFICIENCIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, JUDGMENTS, SETTLEMENTS, INTEREST, AWARDS, PENALTIES, FINES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES OF WHATEVER KIND, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, FEES AND THE COSTS OF ENFORCING ANY RIGHT TO INDEMNIFICATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND THE COST OF PURSUING ANY INSURANCE PROVIDERS, INCURRED BY INDEMNIFIED PARTY, RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM OF A THIRD PARTY OR SELLER ARISING OUT OF OR OCCURRING IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS (INCLUDING THE GOODS) AND SERVICES PURCHASED FROM SELLER, OR BUYER'S NEGLIGENCE, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, OR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT. BUYER SHALL NOT ENTER INTO ANY SETTLEMENT WITHOUT SELLER'S OR INDEMNIFIED PARTY'S PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT.
13. Insurance. During the term of this Agreement and for a period of three (3) years thereafter, Buyer shall, at its own expense, maintain and carry insurance in full force and effect which includes, but is not limited to, commercial general liability (including product liability) in a sum no less than $2,000,000 USD per occurrence and $5,000,000 USD in the aggregate with financially sound and reputable insurers. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall provide Seller with a certificate of insurance from Buyer’s insurer evidencing the insurance coverage specified in these Terms. The certificate of insurance shall name Seller as an additional insured. Buyer shall provide Seller with 30 days’ advance written notice in the event of a cancellation or material change in Buyer’s insurance policy. Except where prohibited by law, Buyer shall require its insurer to waive all rights of subrogation against Seller’s insurers and Seller.
14. Compliance with Law. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents, and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. Buyer shall comply with all export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of the Goods under this Agreement or any resale of the Goods by Buyer. Buyer assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance. Seller may terminate this Agreement if any governmental authority imposes antidumping or countervailing duties or any other duties or penalties on the Goods.
15. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (a) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement; (b) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part; or (c) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization, or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
16. Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
17. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Seller, including but not limited to, specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts, or rebates, disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated, or otherwise identified as "confidential" in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller's request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
18. Force Majeure. Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement or, when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts beyond the Seller’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, the following force majeure events (“Force Majeure Event(s)”): (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, epidemics, pandemics, or explosion; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order, law, or actions; (e) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; (f) national or regional emergency; (g) strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns, or other industrial disturbances; (h) shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities; and (i) other similar events beyond the control of Seller. Seller shall give notice within 30 days of the Force Majeure Event to the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue. Seller shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. Seller shall resume the performance of its obligations as soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that Seller’s failure or delay remains uncured for a period of 30 days following written notice given by it under this Section 18, either party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon 30 days’ written notice.
19. Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
20. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
21. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit, or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
22. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Province of Quebec without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the Province of Quebec or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the Province of Quebec.
23. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of Canada or the courts of the Province of Quebec in each case located in Quebec City, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
24. Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder (each, a "Notice") shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Sales Confirmation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission), or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
25. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
26. Survival. Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Agreement including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Limited Warranty, Limitation of Liability, Insurance, Compliance with Laws, Confidential Information, Governing Law, Submission to Jurisdiction and Survival.
27. Amendment and Modification. These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing stating specifically that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party